Wallace Stone is an award-winning consulting practice that specialises in Marine Civil Engineering and Bridges for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring. Due to continuous growth, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Chartered, nearly Chartered or Principal Civil Engineer to join our busy and expanding team in Dingwall.
Your new role
Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on the delivery of high quality solutions to our clients. You will work as part of a team on a variety of civil engineering projects such as Piers, Harbours, Marinas, Coastal Protection and Bridges. The position will be largely based in the design office, but will also involve site work around the beautiful coast of Scotland and its islands. Site works may often require working from one of our rib boats whether for pier inspection or undertaking preliminary bathymetric surveys. The opportunity to be trained as a commercial diver is also available and encouraged. However this is not a prerequisite for the position.
What you will need to succeed
- A Masters Degree with Merit or above in Civil Engineering
- Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably on Marine or Bridge projects
- Initiative and enthusiasm, and enjoyment of working in a dynamic team
- An ability to oversee the work of junior colleagues
- A detailed knowledge of structural design and its basic principles
- A good grasp of geotechnical design and its basic principles
- An understanding of the use of AutoCAD
- Competence in using finite element analysis packages
- An ability to prepare designs, calculations, specifications and reports
- An ability to undertake site work including initial feasibility assessment, site inspection / survey and site supervision
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
What we can offer you
Life in the Highlands of Scotland ….! The area has much to offer in terms of landscape, outdoor, leisure and cultural activities and general amenities. Dingwall is a busy market town, just 20 minutes from Inverness, and can offer “the best of both worlds” in terms of urban and countryside attractions.
As part of the Dingwall team, you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and unique engineering projects which offer the constant challenges associated with designing in the marine environment. You will work alongside our team of highly experienced engineers who will assist you to develop and expand your skill set. We offer a competitive salary, an attractive pension plan, private health care and 34 days annual leave each year inclusive of bank holidays.
To apply, please email your CV to Dingwall@wallacestone.co.uk