Award Winning Marine Consulting Civil Engineers
Wallace Stone (formerly Wallace Stone & Partners) was established in 1973 and is a member of the Association for Consultancy and Engineering.
Although experienced in most areas of civil engineering we operate principally in the field of marine and floating structures – piers, harbours, ferry terminals, slipways, breakwaters, pontoons, dredging and coastal protection. We are also increasingly involved in the design and management of road bridges, footbridges and small scale hydro electric projects.
From offices in Glasgow, Dingwall and Lewis we cover the coast of mainland Scotland and the Islands.
We are committed to providing the full range of in-house professional services to the projects on which we are engaged. In addition, we are pleased to provide any specialised individual services to augment projects managed by others.
Our principal areas of expertise include
- Marine structures including harbours, piers, jetties and slipways
- Coastal protection work including breakwaters and causeways
- Piling, fendering and mooring systems
- Berthing facilities including pontoons
- Pontoons and Marinas
- Road bridges/foot bridges
- Hydro electric projects
- Dredging works
- Sewerage systems
- Sewage pumping stations
- Outfalls and associated treatment works
- Inspection of marine structures including diving inspection
- Bathymetric surveying and underwater setting out
- Procurement of statutory consents for marine works
- Assessment of contamination in dredged material
- Investigation, modelling & re-design of existing sewerage systems
- Structural survey, building and foundation design