PONTOON BERTH FOR PERSONNEL BOATS – RHUGH GARBH
Heavy duty steel pontoon berth for personnel boats serving remote quarry, with mooring system, access bridge and fendering.
Client – Yeoman (Morvern) Ltd
Completion – 1999
Value – £0.25m
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Feasibility, detailed design and drawings, analysis of dynamic response to wave climate, liaison with consents authorities and marine biology specialists.
- Steel pontoon 27m x 11m, fabricated from 3 smaller units
- Chain and anchor mooring system
- Heavy duty access bridge with landing platform
- Fendering to berthing faces
- Excavation of foreshore to create mooring and manoeuvring basin
Robust, versatile and accessible berthing to replace overnight moorings; heavy duty mooring system designed for exposed location; sensitive deployment of moorings to protect rare serpulid beds on sea bed.
Civil Contractor – Yeoman (Morvern) Ltd
Steelwork Fabricator – Hyde Project Engineering
Bridge Supplier – Intermarine Ltd