Pontoon scheme for visiting yachts, cruise boats and local small boats within the existing historical fishing harbour at Cromarty.
Client – Cromarty Harbour Trust
Completion – 2005
Value – £150,000
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Feasibility; Survey; Site investigation; Conceptual design; Detailed design; Statutory consultation; Contract documentation; Project management; Site supervision.
- Pontoons – 50 lin. m
- Access Bridge – 21 m span
- Dredging and Excavation – 4,000 m³
- Shore Works – piled bridge support
- Mooring System – chain & anchor
- Furniture (Ladders, lifebelts)
- Services – water, power outlets, card-operation fuel system
Use of limited harbour space to maximise accommodation for visiting yachts, cruise boats and local vessels. Design layout to avoid conflict with harbour operations and boost tourist related activities.
Dredging Contractor – Coastworks Ltd.
Excavation Contractor – R J McLeod (Contractors) Ltd
Pontoons Contractor – Varis Engineering