TARBET JETTY IMPROVEMENTS
Improvements to existing jetty including widening, over-slabbing, handrailing, mooring rings and rock armouring.
Client – The Highland Council
Completion – 2004
Value – £50,000
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Survey; Statutory Consultation; Conceptual design; Detailed design; Project management; Supervision of all site work.
- Concrete (Mass and reinforced) – 80 m³
- Excavation and fill (Seabed Material) – 50 m³
- Imported Rockfill – 20 m³
- Rock Armour – 20 m³
- Handrailing (Galvanised) – 80 l m
- Jetty furniture (mooring rings and lifebelts)
Sensitive design solution for improvements to existing jetty at site of outstanding natural beauty. Removal and replacement of handrailing and timber rubbing strips and encasing existing dilapidated structure in concrete.
Main Contractor – Ullapool Construction