INVERIE FERRY SCHEME
Provision of a new pier and slipway with associated on shore facilities for the isolated Knoydart Community. Also included the refurbishment of an existing slipway and the demolition of the existing dilapidated pier.
Client The Highland Council
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Site survey and investigation; Detailed Community Consultation; Detailed Design; Statutory Consultation; Preparation of Contract Documentation; Project Management.
- Dredging and Excavation – 9,500 m³
- Precast concrete blockwork – 2,400 nr
- Insitu concrete – 7,800 m³
- Imported rock fill and armouring – 8,200 m³
- Paved areas (roads & parking) – 1,800 m³
- Structure furniture and services
- Refurbishment of existing slipway
- Demolition of existing pier
- New Pier Shelter in local materials
Project designed and detailed in close co-operation with local community to achieve appropriate solutions to local issues and concerns. Design life maximised whilst construction risk and environmental impact minimised through use of precast concrete blocks as permanent formwork. Visual impact reduced and aesthetic concerns addressed through textured and coloured exposed block work and insitu finishes. Sensitive development of finishing and landscaping works to ameliorate effects on this remote designated ‘National Scenic Area’.
Main Contractor – Pierse Contracting Ltd