Construction of Pier, hardstanding areas, and access road for exporting timber.
Client – Forestry Commission
Completion – 2013
Value – £2,300,000
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Site survey and investigation
- Detailed Community Consultation
- Detailed Design
- Statutory Consultation
- Preparation of Contract Documentation
- Site Supervision
- Project Management and CDM Co-ordination
- 58 m long Combi-wall quay tied to sheet piled anchor wall.
- Reclamation to form hardstanding area 8500m2.
- Access road 140 m long with bellmouth to A849.
- Rock armour protection to reclamation and access road.
Economical and cost-effective design of piling and reclamation; close attention to detail. Makes best use of seabed bathymetry to minimise volume of materials. Use of local contractors and materials.
Main Contractor – Civil Works – TSL Contractors Ltd