FRASERBRUGH HARBOUR O&M FACILITY
New operation and maintenance building for a wind farm comprising a two storey office area with adjoining double height warehouse suitable for storage racks and forklift operations.
Client – MOWEL
Completion – June 2021
Value – £5 million
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Flood Risk Assessment; Existing Services Diversions; Conceptual and Detailed Structural Design; External Ducting and Drainage; External Hardstanding; Adjacent Quay Resurfacing.
- Identification of existing services and diversion of them around the site
- Obtaining existing services information, ground investigation, asbestos and UXO reports
- Reinforced concrete foundations with some ground anchors
- Reinforced concrete ground slab with integral varying height retaining wall
- Complex, irregular steel frame
- Sawtooth standing seam clad roof with strip windows
- Composite concrete first floor and rood slabs
- Unusual external drainage incorporating fuel interceptor
Risk of sea flooding; Varying ground conditions; Complex steel frame as the building profile followed the irregular site boundary and it had flat and sawtooth roof areas, minimal internal bracing and a projecting glazed room; Adjacent raised roadways; External drainage had to accommodate the very close site boundary and interface with existing adjacent quay drainage.
Project Manager – Corstorphine and Wright
Main Contractor – Muir Construction Ltd