An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our well established and growing consultant engineering practice in the Glasgow office of Wallace Stone as a Trainee Civil Engineering Technician. Working in all Civil Engineering disciplines, but primarily in the marine discipline, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
The role requires a mature outlook and a strong commitment to learning within the workplace and to undertaking an HNC in Civil Engineering on a block release basis. Although this position is ideally suited to school leavers, applications from more mature individuals will also be considered.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting the senior technicians in producing drawings using the Autodesk Suite
- Adhering to the company’s quality assurance procedures
- Assisting in site surveys
- Reinforced concrete detailing
- Liaising with Project Managers/Engineers
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- A driving licence (or working towards one)
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Computer Aided Design packages is desirable
Minimum requirements are 5 National 5 / Standard Grades, including Mathematics at Grade B or above.
A starting salary of £16,000 (37.5 hours per week), with options to join the company’s pension and private health care schemes.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com