Wallace Stone is an award-winning consulting practice that specialises in Marine Civil Engineering and Bridges for both private and public sector clients from scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring. Due to continuous growth, we now have exciting opportunities for Experienced Graduate Civil Engineers to join our busy and expanding teams in Glasgow, Dingwall and Lewis.
Your new role
Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on the delivery of high quality solutions to our clients. You will work as part of a team on a variety of civil engineering projects such as Piers, Harbours, Marinas, Coastal Protection and Bridges. The position will be largely based in the design office however will also involve site work around the coast of Scotland and its islands. Site works will generally require working from one of our rib boats whether for pier inspection or undertaking preliminary bathymetric surveys. The opportunity to be trained as a commercial diver is also available and encouraged, however this is not a prerequisite for the position.
What you will need to succeed
- Masters Degree with Merit or above in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience on Marine or Bridge projects preferred
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm, and enjoy working in a dynamic team
- Understanding of structural design and its basic principles
- Understanding of geotechnical design and its basic principles
- Competent in using AutoCAD
- Competent in using finite element analysis packages
- Assisting in the preparation of designs, calculations, specifications and reports
- Undertaking site work including initial feasibility assessment, site inspection / survey and site supervision
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
What we can offer you
You will have the opportunity to work on interesting and unique engineering projects which offer constant challenges designing in the marine environment. You will work alongside our team of highly experienced engineers who will assist you to develop and expand your skill set with a view to becoming a chartered civil engineer. We offer a competitive salary with private health care and 25 days annual leave each year excluding bank holidays.
To apply, please email Glasgow@wallacestone.co.uk