An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our well established and growing consultant engineering practice in the position of Trainee Civil Engineering Technician. Working in all Civil Engineering disciples, primarily in the marine discipline, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual with an attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
The role requires a mature outlook to both learning within the workplace and a strong commitment to undertaking an HNC in Civil Engineering on a block release basis. Ideally suited to school leavers, applications from more mature individuals will be encouraged for this position.
Main Duties will include,
• Assisting the senior technicians in producing drawings using the Autodesk Suite
• Adhering to the company quality assurance procedures
• Assisting in site surveys
• Reinforced concrete detailing
• Liasing with Project Managers/Engineers.
Skills, the following skills are desirable though not essential;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Familiarity of Computer Aided Design packages
• Driving Licence (or working towards)
• Good verbal and written communications skills
Minimum requirements are 5 National 5/Standard Grades including Mathematics at B or above.
A starting salary of £16,000 (37.5hours per week), with options to join company pension scheme and private health care.
Application in writing, including CV to L.email@example.com
Doges Studio 2
Templeton on the Green
62 Templeton Street
Tel 0141 554 8233
Fax 0141 554 4727
Royal Bank Buildings
Tel 01349 866775
Fax 01349 863197
21 Tobson, Bernera
Isle of Lewis
Tel 01851 612454
Fax 01851 612352
Wallace Stone is the trading name of Wallace Stone LLP. registered in Scotland Number SO301145
Website by Skocia Web Design