Wallace Stone is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a
broader sustainability agenda are integral to Wallace Stones professional activities and the
management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to
reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
Commuting, Travel and meetings
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend work and where appropriate meetings and/or site visits.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients and partners.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
- As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy.
- Seek to maximise the proportion from renewable energy sources, whilst also supporting investment in new renewable energy schemes.
- Ensure that timber furniture, and any other timber products, are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified.
- Purchase fair-trade and/or organic beverages.
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and / or environmental organisations
Copyright © 1973- Wallace Stone
Doges Studio 2
Templeton on the Green
62 Templeton Street
Tel 0141 554 8233
Fax 0141 554 4727
Royal Bank Buildings
Tel 01349 866775
Fax 01349 863197
21 Tobson, Bernera
Isle of Lewis
Tel 01851 612454
Fax 01851 612352
Wallace Stone is the trading name of Wallace Stone LLP. registered in Scotland Number SO301145
Website by Skocia Web Design